All couples have pursuit in the beginning of their relationship, but most of that pursuit fizzles out once the "newness" wears off. The big message of the sermon today was that you will always get out of your relationships what you put in. This is an old message that most of us know, but when he gave examples it really hit home.
So often we judge our spouses by their actions and we judge ourselves by our intentions. We must convert our good intentions to good actions. The homework for the week is to:
1. When you think of something good to say, SAY IT, every time.
2. When you think of something good to do, DO IT, every time.
3. If you want something to be different, BE IT!
"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2
I really enjoyed the service. I will let you know how our "homework" goes.
On another note:
I understand that it is Sunday and boys like football....a lot, but immediately after we finished lunch, Craig stole the TV remote from me and put on the Texans game. Craig is not a Texans fan, he is a Cowboys fan, and I know I will be watching that game later in the day, which is okay because I can handle watching a little football, and I like the Cowboys too.
HOWEVER, what I don't understand is why he steals the remote and not 20 minutes into the game this is what he is doing:
SLEEPING! Ahh, boys!




No comments:
Post a Comment