Thankfully, I have two dogs that keep me company while Craig is gone. They are my babies and I love them dearly. They alert me when anyone is near the front door and the both listen when I talk to them. Neither of them talk back. Just a little food, water, walks, and bathroom breaks and they are satisfied. They are awesome companions to have. My first dog, her name is Mandi. I personally did not name her, I would never name a dog Mandi. She was a gift to me. I was told she was a french bulldog, but she is far from a Frenchie. She is a beautiful (in her own way) Heinz 57. When I got her she was approximately five years old. She was found by a dumpster when she was a puppy...so she is my little rescue dog. Currently she is laying on her back in the middle of the living rom chewing on a tennis ball. Tough life. Here is a picture of Mandi:
She has a very bad underbite and is always smiling.
Now my second dog is a toy poodle. She was also a gift, but I picked this one out. Anytime I am home and I go shopping with my family in Georgetown we always walk into Petland just to look at all the puppies, because they are just so darn cute. Well, in August 2008 we were shopping and went into Petland just as we always do and I saw this tiny little poodle in a cage all by herself, I just could not resist to ask the employee to get her out so I could play with her for a minute. It was love at first sight. To make a long story short my dad actually bought her for me as a graduation present. Yes, I know I am spoiled! And yes I have heard that the animals there came from puppy mills etc, etc, but if you would have seen her you would have been in love too. Craig was completely unaware of all of this and when I finally broke the news he was really mad at me, but now he is in love too. Next, I had to pick a name for her. What name goes well with a dog already named Mandi....Molli. So here is a picture of Molli:
Now she is a year old and still only weighs 3.9 pounds. These dogs go with us everywhere. We took a trip to the coast this summer and the dogs came too. For now they are like our children. If I did not have these dogs here with me in Houston I would probably go crAzy.
These are my girls! Well, that is it for the first blog. We will see how this goes...and how long it lasts. Ha! So long my friends.




Molli is absolutely precious!!!! Oh my gosh, adorable.
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize you blogged! Cute background, too!
AND, Congratulations on your marriage! I saw pics on facebook and I LOVE your dress!
I just read your entire blog thing and I liked it a lot, I don't read a lot but I started reading and I couldn't stop. I hope I meet a good girl like yourself.
ReplyDelete