Where do I even begin??? Back around the first of June, I took one of these:
and it is hard to see in this picture, but those two lines definitely mean "you're pregnant". SOOO...we went to the doctor at 6 weeks along when I still looked like this:
(pic at 6 weeks prego)
and she didn't really do a whole lot of anything, just made me take another pregnancy test, told me I needed to get some bloodwork done, and be sure and take prenatal vitamins, which I was already taking...and she would see me again in two weeks.
Well, we followed-up in two weeks & my doctor was actually in a delivery at that time & they wanted to cancel my appointment, but being hard-headed, I insisted on waiting. By the time she got there, the ultrasound tech was already gone for the day & she was going to have me follow up later for an ultrasound.
I told her I was really disappointed, because I just really wanted to be sure the baby had a heartbeat (you know, hearing that heartbeat, eases your mind). So, she said she would do an ultrasound herself, but she would not be able to tell me the size of the baby or anything like that, she could just make sure there was a beating heart. I said that sounded great!
Sooo...we go into the sono room, and the doc is looking around on my belly. She is just kinda smiling, but not saying anything. It was really making me kind of nervous. Then she said she wanted to do a vaginal ultrasound just to be sure, she was seeing what she thought she was seeing, but yet she still wasn't saying anything. So once she did the ultrasound via alternate route she said, "Yep, there THEY are. There's TWO!"
Craig was silent. I insisted that was impossible, there was no possible way!
These were the little peanuts we saw:
(these ultrasound pics were actually done at nine weeks & I need a better camera)
So for the most part, everything has continued on pretty smoothly, minus the constant 24hr/day morning sickness, gagging every time I brush my teeth, inability to get comfortable at night, and feeling tired ALL the time. I hear it only gets worse in the end...SWWEEET!
So today, after watching the Cowboys defeat the Texans, we took another prego pic, for those of you who keep asking...
(Pic at 18.5 weeks)
Ugh. Definitely feel like I can't flex my tummy muscles anymore....really not liking this gaining weight stuff.
We go back to the doctor this Friday, October 1st, to find out the sex of the babies. I can't wait for that! Then, I can start buying stuff :)
So what does Mandi think about the twins coming soon???
She is pretty content as long as they don't try and sleep in "her" chair.




How exciting Laramie!!! I can't wait to hear what the sexes will be! Please keep your blog updated! We will be praying for you and Craig!
ReplyDeleteThanks girl! I am so bad about not updating my blog, because I am really bad about not taking pictures, and I like for my posts to have pics. Lol. Hope you guys are doing well. How are you enjoying married life?
ReplyDeleteI totally understand. I am the same way. I really want to get better at it. So I am trying hard! We are doing good. Both of us have jobs and are in good health. Couldn't ask the Lord for any more. I love married life! We have so much fun together and get to spend time together a lot, which is good because everything was long distance for us. Anyhoo....take care!
ReplyDelete